Independence Day Essay: Independence Day is one of the most enthusiastically celebrated days in India. It marks the day when India got freedom from the tyrannical rule of the British stretching more than 200 years. It is the most important day as far as our Nation is concerned. Hence, a lot of schools ask their students to write an Independence Day Essay.
In this article, we present to you an Independence Day Essay 250 words and Independence Day Essay 10 Lines to help you write a good Independence Day Essay.
Independence Day Essay 250 Words
Independence Day Essay 250 Words is as follows:
Independence Day is not just a Day in a calendar. It is an emotion, an expression of both Sorrow and Rejoices. It is a day on which we remember the sacrifices of our Freedom Fighters. On this day, the people express their Patriotism and love for India. After all, our country gives us food, shelter and security, just like our Mother.
India got its Independence on 15th August 1947, when finally the British flag came down and the Indian Tri-colour was unfurled. It was a more than a hundred-year-long struggle that helped us to get rid of the British. The British were very cruel colonizers. They killed more than 10 crores of Indians and looted 45 Trillion Dollars. This resulted in India becoming a weak and poor nation.
India’s Freedom Fighters like Bhagat Singh, Subhash Chandra Bose, Rajguru, and Mahatma Gandhi struggled bravely against the British. Some, like Subhash Chandra Bose and Bhagat Singh, took up arms against the Colonizers, whereas others such as Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and Sardar Vallabhai Patel took up the non-violent route.
On Independence Day, there is a huge country-wide celebration. The Prime Minister of India gives a Speech from the iconic Red Fort of New Delhi. Independence Day is also a National Holiday. All shops, businesses, markets, schools, colleges etc. remain closed on this day to commemorate the spirit of our Freedom Fighters. Thus, Independence Day is a day when we remember the brave hearts of our nation and feel proud to be an Indian.
Independence Day Essay 10 Lines
Please check out Independence Day Essay 10 Lines as follows:
- India got its Independence on 15th August 1947. Hence, the 15th day of August is celebrated as Independence Day each Year.
- Before India became independent, it was ruled by the Britishers. Britishers were Europeans who had arrived in India as traders but went on to rule over India by dividing Indians over Religion, Caste, Race, Language and Culture to rule over us for more than 200 years.
- The Britishers economically exploited our country and looted 45 Trillion Dollars. They used the method of taxation, forced Indians to grow cash crops instead of food crops and drained India’s wealth to England.
- Under British rule, more than 10 Crore Indians died of unnatural causes. Most of the deaths were a result of famine and police brutality. The Bengal Famine of 1943 and the Jalianwala Bagh Massacre of 1919 stand out as examples.
- Such violence, famine and drain of wealth made Indians extremely against their presence in India. People started to revolt. Some, like Subhash Chandra Bose and Bhagat Singh, took up arms against the Colonizers, whereas others such as Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and Sardar Vallabhai Patel stuck to non-violence.
- Independence Day is a commemorative day when we remember the brave men who sacrificed their lives for the country and to free it from the foreign rule. The Britishers had killed many people who were opposing their rule in India.
- On Independence Day, The Prime Minister of India hoists an Indian Tricolour and gives a speech from the Red Fort of New Delhi. The President of India gives an Address to the Nation. The speech is followed by Military Parade that shows India’s military strength.
- Independence Day is a national holiday. All offices, shops, malls, factories etc. remain shut for the entire day. It is one of the three national holidays, others being the Republic Day (celebrated on 26th January) and Gandhi Jayanti (celebrated on 2nd October).
- The entire nation joyfully celebrates this day by singing patriotic songs, hoisting flags in their homes, performing acts depicting the struggles of our freedom fighters and national heroes, singing our National Anthem, praising our national heroes and much more. Schools are usually closed but conduct flag-hoisting ceremonies to commemorate the spirit of our freedom fighters
- On 15th August 1947, United India was divided into two parts, i.e. India and Pakistan. A lot of people were killed in riots that happened just after the Partition. This makes our Independence Day also a moment of grief since people remember their forefathers who died during the riots.
Frequently asked Questions about Independence Day Essay
Ques) When is India’s Independence Day Celebrated?
Ans) India’s Independence Day is Celebrated on 15th August each year
Ques) Why is Independence Day Celebrated?
Ans) Independence Day is Celebrated because India, on 15th August 1947, became free from the British Colonial rule
Ques) What is India’s Partition and when did it happen?
Ans) When India got its Independence, it was partitioned to for another country – Pakistan which consists of today’s Pakistan and Bangladesh
Thank You for choosing Vocation India.
Share this article on Independence Day Essay 250 Words and Independence Day Essay 10 Lines with your friends.