Teachers Day Essay: Teachers day is celebrated on 5th September each year to commemorate the birth of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the second President and first Vice-President of India. The day is being celebrated as Teacher’s Day since 1962. Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan stressed the importance of teachers and believed that they should be India’s best minds. Teacher’s Day is widely and enthusiastically celebrated all across India.
Hence, we present to you, a Teachers Day Essay and Teachers Day Essay 10 Lines to help you write a good Teachers Day Essay.
Teachers Day Essay in English
A Teachers Day Essay is provided as follows:
“God and Teacher both stand, whose feet we must touch first? Dear Teacher, it’s you who has shown us the path to God!” said the great medieval poet of India Sant Kabir. This line shows the respect that a teacher receives in India. In this country, Teaching is not merely a job, but a responsibility and a Teacher is not merely a person who teaches, but a person who guides.
Teacher’s Day is celebrated on 5th September in honour of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. Dr Radhakrishnan was the first Vice President of India and the second President of India. He was a patron of Teachers and emphasised the importance and role a teacher plays in shaping society.
Teachers play an indispensable role in society. They shape the minds of students and the youth who go on to serve society and the nation. Teachers are also one of the most respected people in India. People respect them for shaping the futures of their children and for the knowledge they possess and profess. People seek their advice on all matters as they are considered learned and smart.
The role of a teacher is in no way only limited to studies and academics. The teacher also plays a crucial role in the future of the nation. Regardless of which country a teacher belongs, he/she is extremely important for the country. The students they teach are potential officers, traders, businessmen, bureaucrats, ministers and even Prime Minister. Thus, the way teachers teach our current generation of students will impact the future of our country. The ideas they impart to their students might play a role in what we become tomorrow.
No doubt Indians recognize the role of a teacher in holistically shaping society and the nation. Indians, therefore, celebrate Teachers Day enthusiastically across Schools, Colleges, and other Educational institutions. In schools, students prepare posters and cards, organise events and acts highlighting the importance of teachers, etc. Extempore and poetry readings are organised to inform the students about their cruciality. Thus, it is a lively event which is both enjoyed by the teachers as well as students.
Teachers Day Essay 10 Lines
Teachers Day Essay 10 Lines are as follows
- Teacher’s Day is enthusiastically celebrated all across India
- Teacher’s Day is celebrated in honour of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, former President of India on 5th September, the day he was born.
- Teachers are highly respected in India
- The relationship between a teacher and a student is not merely a professional relationship but a personal one
- Since ancient times, Gurus are highly respected for their knowledge and selflessness.
- Teachers play an indispensable role in shaping society and the future of the country
- Teachers act as guides and as show the right direction to the students facilitating them in deciding their career
- The teachings of a Teacher are not confined to his/her subject, but to the wider life of a student
- On Teacher’s Day, students prepare cards and posters and organise debates and extempore to highlight the importance of teachers.
- However, much of education is nowadays commercialized.
Thank You for giving our article on Teachers Day Essay and Teachers Day Essay 10 Lines a read.
Please share this article with your friends